How to make your next family photo session a stress free one.
Family photos are truly timeless and such a great keepsake for future generations. Getting the family together to take those perfect portraits can turn into chaos if not approached correctly. There is usually a lot to consider when it comes to a family photoshoot. Since there are members of all ages, that means that there is some extra coordination needed.
Below are a few family photoshoot ideas and tips to help keep you and your family smiling.
- Timing is everything. If you have younger children, try and arrange the photoshoot at a time when they’ll be well rested. A rested child makes for happy photos. On that note, try to ensure that all of your family has gotten enough rest the night before. This will help ease some of the tension on that day.
- Dos and don’ts of bribery. Get your family excited about the photoshoot instead of offering a reward in return for their cooperation. This tends to lead to forced smiles and an irritated bunch of people. If you do have small children, you might want to give the photographer some bribery options (toys or small food) to make those difficult moments a little easier
- Relinquish control. As much as you’ll want to help direct your children, it’s best to leave that to your photographer. Not having this pressure will also make you feel more relaxed.
- It’s not just about the posing. The best photos happen when you’re having fun! So joke and play with your children, hold your partner’s hand and just let the moments happen.
- Plan ahead. Discuss all of your requirements with your photographer beforehand so that the family photo session can just flow. Let your photographer know if you want specific pictures taken.
- Keep those sugar levels up. If everyone is well fed, the photoshoot will also run a lot smoother. It’s not a bad idea to take a few snacks and water along for those who might need it
Enjoy capturing your memories.