…Once upon a time …
I had the pleasure of photographing a small, intimate backyard wedding. Karl & Kelly…two love birds excited to start their lives together as husband and wife. The beautiful backyard located in Coto de Caza with a gorgeous view was the perfect place to have it.
The ceremony was so pure and sweet. It was clear to me that Karl and Kelly were meant for each other, their vows were filled with heartfelt sentiments. I loved the way Karl raved about Kelly’s delicious pancakes! To be honest, I have been craving pancakes ever since that day.
After the ceremony, we took photos under the beautiful wooden arch (hand crafted by family) decorated with gorgrous purple and white flowers. After multiple days of rain, the sun decided to make its appearance on Karl and Kelly’s wedding day, and the weather was absolutely perfect. Everyone was happy, relaxed and enjoyed celebrating the beginning of Mr. and Mrs. Koerney!
I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of this memorable day …
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Koerner, may your marriage be filled with with an eternity of love and laughter!
Here are some tips for planning a small, intimate backyard wedding:
- Choose the right venue. Your backyard can be a perfect venue for a small wedding, but there are a few things to consider. Make sure the space is big enough to accommodate your guests, and that there is enough shade and seating. If you have a large backyard, you may want to section off a smaller area for the ceremony and reception.
- Set a budget. Small weddings can be just as beautiful as large weddings, but they can also be more affordable. Set a budget and stick to it as much as possible. There are many ways to save money on a small wedding, such as DIY decorations, hiring a smaller wedding party, and serving less food and drinks.
- Plan the ceremony and reception. The ceremony and reception are the two most important parts of a wedding, so make sure they are planned carefully. Choose a ceremony location that is meaningful to you and your partner, and decorate the space with your favorite flowers and decorations. The reception should be a fun and festive event, so choose a menu that everyone will enjoy.
- Send out invitations. Once you have a date and time set, it’s time to send out invitations. Make sure to include all of the important information, such as the date, time, location, and dress code. You can also include a link to your wedding website, where guests can find more information about the event.
- Decorate the backyard. The backyard is the perfect place to decorate for a small wedding. Hang twinkling lights, drape fabric over trees, and set up tables and chairs for your guests. You can also add a personal touch by incorporating your favorite flowers and decorations into the decor.
- Hire a photographer. A professional photographer will capture the memories of your special day. Make sure to hire a photographer who has experience with small weddings, and who understands your vision for the day.
- Relax and enjoy the day. Your wedding is a special day, so make sure to relax and enjoy it. Don’t worry about the details, and just focus on spending time with your loved ones.